Happy Holidays! Here’s what we’ve been working on since our last post:
Kabuto Live Updates
- Added ability to select a time-frame when requesting Remote Access
- Added support for Windows 7 and 32-bit versions of Windows
- Fixed multiple issues causing “Remote Host Not Found” error
- Fixed a false-positive where Kabuto Online Dashboard was saying that Kabuto Service was online. Techs were able to click the Kabuto Live button because of this, and the Kabuto Service wasn’t actually running, resulting in “Remote Host Not Found” error.
P.S. For those who don’t know: Our latest and greatest creation, Kabuto Live, is now available for use! This module allows you to remotely connect to and manage Devices straight from Kabuto, so you no longer have to worry about launching another remote access tool to handle issues that arise with customers.
We encourage you to test it out via a Free 30-Day Trial, initiated via clicking the “Kabuto Live” button in the top-right corner of any Device. Find out more in our blog post here.
- Installation Process Update: When you use the Technician Installer, it will now show you the status of the first sync after installation. This gives you more information regarding the progress of EAM Installation, Patch Management, and more, while installing Kabuto.
This mean that:
– Techs can gain insight into the installation process in real-time.
– Computers can be given back to clients faster, because there’s less guess-work during the installation process.
- Easily View Latest Sync Info: With this feature, you can simply “Shift + Left Click” on the Kabuto system tray icon to view the latest Device sync information! Check out this video to see it in action.
- Sync Update
– We’ve revamped Kabuto syncing so that individual items can sync independently of full sync.
– We made it so that certain items now sync as often as once every 15 minutes.
Over the past 6 months we’ve worked super hard to improve stability and that hard work is finally paying off. We’ve squashed almost every known issue and are very happy to give you this list of issues that have been resolved:
- Kabuto “Customer Installer” does not load custom branding properly
- Randomized timer is running before all syncs, should only be running after an update
- Kabuto App Runner crashes, causing “App Crash Alert” to trigger
- Kabuto.Installer.exe not digitally signed, getting flagged
- Kabuto Service not syncing for some devices unless computer restarts or service restarts.
- Kabuto “Customer Installer” throwing exception when trying to install
- Device Index Table doesn’t load all Devices correctly, so sorts don’t work properly unless you scroll down until all Devices are loaded
- Branding color not working in Request Form UX
- Kabuto Online Dashboard “flickering” on Device Activity page
- EAM scan logs fail to upload due to exception
- EAM license is null in some cases when they first try to install Managed AV
- Devices table’s “Status” column doesn’t sort properly
- Error trying to disable Managed AV from Kabuto Online Dashboard
- Default Policies keeping coming back in policies page
- Can’t scroll down on Requests page if Alert message is really long
- “System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array” Error when updating system information
- Policies with string length of 55+ characters throw off UI for policy list in the dashboard
- Customer installers not getting the customer default policy after installation
- Uninstalled Devices are showing up in searches from the Device Index page.
- Default Policies keep coming back in Policies page even if you delete them
- “Request Service” trigger notifications unable to be closed
- When trying to update credit card info, it does not show certain types of errors to the user.
- Text in Request Service UX is cut off for some languages
- Clicking desktop icon can cause two request service popups
We’re improving communication: In order to keep you more up-to-date on what we’re working on and continue to be as transparent as possible, we launched this bug tracking forum post.
In between our more detailed release note and blog posts, you can view the status of various items via the bug tracking sticky note page 🙂